Acceder

Para los seguidores de Warren Buffet ...(Entrevista en Ingles)

3 respuestas

Es una Universidad la que una vez al año, se reune con Warren Buffet y les explica su filosofia de vida y de la inversión, no habla de valores concretos, sino de sectores y como distingue unos sectores de otros. Es altalmente recomendable su lectura, tanto de la entrevista que tuvo en el 2005 como en el 2004 por las ideas que se pueden sacar.

Os dejo un simple extracto, por si os motiva, os dejo el enlace abajo.

Saludos

Q&A Session with Buffett:

One of the few rules for our meeting was no laptops, so all notes were taken using pen and paper. Below is what I was able to transcribe from scribbled notes and memory, they should not be read as direct quotes from Mr. Buffett.

Intro
"When you checked into your hotel they gave you a pamphlet that said 'Things to do in Omaha…you're doing it'. At Notre Dame they have a sign in their locker room that says Play Like a Champion, at Berkshire we're putting one up that says Remember Your Helmet. Both are important for business. When the scientist Max Planck was touring Europe giving speeches about his theories, he gave the same lecture so many times that eventually his chauffer memorized the speech. For fun one day Max and his driver swapped clothes, and the driver delivered the speech flawlessly while Max looked on from the side of the stage in a chauffer's uniform. To open the Q&A the driver received an extremely complicated technical question from an audience member, shook his head, and said replied in an exasperated tone: 'that is such a simple question I'm going to let my chauffer answer it.' On that note, please ask me anything you want, simple or complicated, anything except for what I'm investing in." [Mr. Buffett also congratulated us on being named the #1 business school by WSJ.]

Q: In one of your letters to shareholders you reference Byron Trott grudgingly as "an investment banker who earns his fee". What do you feel Wall St. does well and doesn't do well?

A: Wall St. makes money well. Per incremental unit of energy and IQ, you will make more money on Wall St. than anywhere else. Wall St. is very good at selling things and at auctions, they're good if you're selling a business. On the other hand, there are so many products that Wall St. has created and not all of them are good. There's a pervasive sense of 'if you don't do it someone else will'. There's an HBO movie coming out in October called Last Best Chance, it's about a nuclear crisis precipitated by a Russian soldier who is bribed by terrorists stealing a weapon. He almost didn't go through with it but they told him 'if you don't do it someone else will, so you may as well be the one to get the money'. This type of thinking has gotten people into trouble, like CEOs managing earnings. In 1985 a Cleveland firm, Scott & Fetzer [a conglomerate that included World Book encyclopedias] was selling their business, First Boston was their advisor and they sent pitches to twenty buyers without anyone biting. Berkshire didn't get a pitch, but I sent the seller, Mr. [Ralph] Schey, a letter saying we were interested and did the deal. Since First Boston was due a fee from any transaction, at a closing dinner they offered Charlie [Munger] their pitch book with pages of analysis, Charlie replied 'no thanks'. We only buy companies where the seller cares about where the business goes.

................................... (continuación en el siguiente enlace)

http://mba.tuck.dartmouth.edu/pages/clubs/investment/WarrenBuffett.html

Re: Para los seguidores de Warren Buffet ...(Entrevista en Ingles)

Gracias por el enlace Dinapoli. Siempre es interesante estar al tanto de lo que opina Buffet.

Para los que compartan mi pobre nivel de inglés, puede ser de relativa utilidad pegar el enlace en Google y solicitar la tradución. Digo lo de relativa, porque la traducción depara golpes de efecto divertidos o exasperantes, eso ya depende, pero puede aclarar alguna confusión temporal sobre el texto.

Salu2

Tener pasión por lo que se hace

Un enlace muy interesante, gracias Dinapoli.

Siempre disfruto leyendo lo que dice Buffett, me encanta su sentido del humor y su sagacidad. La historia inicial que cuenta de Max Planck (cómo se intercambió su chofer por él en una conferencia y la contestación que dió el chofer a la primera pregunta) es divertidísima.

He leido la parte inicial de la entrevista (la acabaré luego cuando tenga mas tiempo) y me ha gustado la recomendación que da para toda la gente que busca trabajo:

"do what you would do for free, having passion for what you do is the most important thing. I love what I do".

Me recuerda a lo que les contaba Steve Jobs (CEO de Apple y Pixar) a los alumnos de Stanford:

"You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking."

Una conferencia muy interesante en la que habla de las enseñanzas que le ha dado la vida y que podeis encontrar en: http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

Muchisimas gracias. Sois fenomenales. (s/t)

Te puede interesar...

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Brokers destacados